Saturday, January 16, 2010

valentine's day decoration idea via 2009.


love explosion.
Originally uploaded by Laura Hartrich
I did this little display last year, but I don't think I blogged about it. Today I found the envelope that holds all these doilies and was looking through them with the boys. I'm always amazed at how well they can identify themselves as babies. They never get baby T confused with baby S. I mean, I don't either, but I'm surprised that their young minds are so sensitive to that distinction.

I don't have anywhere to put these up this year. This wall is now my plate wall, and heaven knows I would not disturb that for any holiday display, no matter how cute. I'll hold on to them, though, in case I do think of a good spot.

This was so easy. Basically paper doilies, extra photos I had laying around (from all the times I printed doubles but never gave them away or used them in a baby book), my trusty Fiskers circle cutter, and double stick tape. Simple. Oh, I also put some heart stickers on some doilies, just to bring home the Valentine theme. Don't forget, you can click on the picture to see it larger and also see some detailed shots of the same project in my flickr photostream. The photos on the doilies are mostly of our family, with a few friends thrown in as well. We are lucky to have so, so many sweethearts.

2 comments:

Sarah Hedman said...

It would be cute to attach the doilies to string and hang them vertically in front of your windows (similar to the christmas vertical garland you made). love the doilies - so cute!

Mama Niccicoco said...

love this idea. next year i want to decorate more for valentines, it's right up there with halloween for me.