Tuesday, July 17, 2012

late night ramblings, no pictures.

Busy busy busy.  Here are some things I'm doing:

-making onesies.  The shop is still open and business is steady.  As soon as I post more Birth: Nailed it onesies in the shop, they sell.  So I'm trying to keep up with demand.  And I'm doing a couple custom things once in a while.  Plus I have to fit packing and shipping orders into my days.  I usually work in the evenings, when the boys are in bed.  I've taken over the table in my in-laws' basement, where we're staying while we try to sell the house.

-getting ready for a moving sale.  Going through all our belongings and sifting out the stuff we should keep, and then deciding what to donate, trash, or sell.  I'm hoping to make enough at our moving sale to buy a couple bookshelves at IKEA or something.  I know I'm going to need plenty of *IKEA solutions* to organize our new place.  As I go through our stuff, I take it out to the garage to price and organize for the sale.  So it's all sitting in the garage now, which is hot as blue blazes in this 100 degree weather.  Tomorrow morning I'm going to start working out there EARLY.  Maybe I won't be dripping in sweat if I start early enough?  We'll see...

-rebooting furniture.  We had a couple pieces that don't look great, but I think they could be really functional in our new apartment.  So I'm doing some painting, some re-upholstering, etc.  I'll be happier to see these pieces of furniture in our new apartment if they are looking shiny and new.  It is kind of crazy to be working on projects like this right now.  But I'd rather do it now than after we move when I'll be swimming in boxes and trying to adjust to a new city.

-packing.  Debbie (mom in law) is helping a lot.  She is so speedy.  I try to go ahead of her and pull out things to sell or toss, but she often catches up to me and starts packing things I haven't gone through yet!  What a great problem to have, right?  We are going room by room and making great progress.

-watching Felicity.  On Netflix.  While I make onesies.  I really like it a lot.  I've never watched it before. I don't know how old I was when it originally aired, but I totally missed it.


The house has not sold.  This is distressing.  I can't understand it, honestly.  It's such a great house.  Trying to be patient.  Hopefully the right person will come along soon.  Like, real soon.

It's hard to explain why or in what way, exactly, but S and I tend to butt heads.  Sometimes I feel like our personalities just do not mesh.  And I feel bad about it.  On my bad days I am constantly correcting him and we do our fair share of out-right bickering.  Ugh.  On my better days I muster my patience and connect with him.  This summer I've been so busy and stressed and overwhelmed that I haven't been doing a great job with S.  But today I had a moment.  A moment with a camera. S's camera, specifically.  There were several videos on there that he had taken.... a couple of his little cousin, a couple of his brother, a couple were just him narrating different stories.  The boys were downstairs, I was by myself in S's room.  Laying on his bed, with the window behind me that lets in so much sun and overlooks our giant backyard, I watched those videos one after the other.  And for those 10 minutes I could see the world through S's eyes, and listen to his sweet voice, which sounds so much younger when heard through the tiny camera speaker.  I know I'm sounding silly and dramatic, but that short time helped me remember what a sweet boy I have.  He's growing up so fast and I don't want to let this time go by without appreciating who he is.  I wish I didn't have to work at it so much, but if that's what it takes I'm willing to put in the effort.  He is worth it.  He's a great kid.  I'm going to try to post a couple of those videos here soon.  So watch for that.  In the meantime, thanks for reading all these many words, and goodnight.

No comments: