Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom.

Today my mom turns 60.  Yesterday we had a big surprise party, which my sister hosted and organized.  It was really nice.  A few weeks ago we sneaked into my parents' photo albums while mom was at work, and then scanned a bunch of oldies.  I wanted to share some of them here.  There are so many amazing pictures of my mom as a young woman, for two reasons.  First, she was a total knockout, and second, my dad was a professional photographer.  When I look at these pictures I can't help but think about how there aren't ANY pictures of me in my 20's or 30's where I look quite this beautiful and iconic They simply don't exist.  I'm sure I romanticize these photos of my mom because they are from a bygone era, but still.  Just look at them.  I think you'll understand.
Baby Linda
Holding her nephew.  She was the youngest of six.
Six years old.
Okay, just look at this beauty.  My grandpa had a darkroom and colored in black and white prints by hand as a hobby.  I believe that's what's going on with this lovely image.
With her brother and parents.  Look at her cute outfit!
Here is a trio of super good looking people.  My uncle, his wife, and my mom. 
With my dad at a state park.  I love the hair and leather jacket.  And sunglasses.
Just looking generally pretty.
This one is my FAVORITE.  Look at her adorable outfit and her awesome hair.  She looks like a friendly teacher, doesn't she?  I'm not sure what grade she was teaching here; the kids look about S's age to me.

Here she is taking baby Emily for a bike ride in another adorable get-up.
Gorgeous pregnant mama.  That's me in there.
This is a family classic.  She was dressed as a cleaning lady for some reason.  For some kind of church skit, maybe?  I'm not sure.
with baby Laura.
I just like this mid-air shot.
This one is funny too.  I think she's pedaling furiously, trying to light up all the lightbulbs, at some museum.
Still looking fantastic at 60!

Happy Birthday, Mom!  Love you lots.

3 comments:

maryflorence said...

I'm going to have to start storing my plunger across my chest. That's a great, convienent way to never be more than 1 ft. away from a plunger. She may have just been in a skit, but I think she's on to something.....

Kellie said...

Oh my goodness what FABulous pics you have of your mother. They are just priceless.

sewsister said...

Just found your blog this morning, this post about you Mom was so touching, made me think of my Mom. :D