Friday, December 31, 2010

My buddy Zollie.

The boys made me earrings out of toys.
It was one of my favorite gifts but I don't think I'll be wearing them in public.


I know it's utterly cliche but my #1 resolution this year is to lose weight. I have been trying for so long that I've almost lost hope. But 2011 is going to be the year. To make myself embrace this year more I have given it a nickname. Zoll. Or Zollie, to his inner circle. Yes, naming the year is my brilliant weight loss strategy. I have officially tried everything. Also I'm going to eat a lot less sugar. 2010 convinced me that sugar is the devil. Zollie and me are going to hoist that devil off my back.

I also want to do less in 2011. Like, push myself less to get things done and just enjoy life. I want to be more engaged with the boys instead of always shooing them away so I can get housework or art/craft work done. I know there is a balance to be found between motherhood and selfhood, but lately I have been feeling askew in this department. January and beyond will mean pushing the needle back toward center, sitting down to play and read and talk with them more, rather than trying to be so "productive" all the time.

We had fun at our New Year's Eve party, and the boys had fun at theirs. Now we are together again, getting ready for a potluck tonight and then a few more days of break. How was your New Year's? Any resolutions of your own?

3 comments:

Mama Niccicoco said...

good for you laura. I definitely did not make any resolutions. The whole idea just frightens me. But hopefully you and Zollie can face off and you can kick his/her butt. I love your idea of just enjoying instead of stressing. I want to do that too. (: Had a blast at the potluck, as always. thanks for another memorable evening.

Mama Niccicoco said...

good for you laura. I definitely did not make any resolutions. The whole idea just frightens me. But hopefully you and Zollie can face off and you can kick his/her butt. I love your idea of just enjoying instead of stressing. I want to do that too. (: Had a blast at the potluck, as always. thanks for another memorable evening.

TaylorStreet said...

I had a really good new year's eve, my friends Laura and Nate came to Chicago and we had an awesome time with them!