Tuesday, June 15, 2010

summer stitches.


my first redwork.
Originally uploaded by Laura Hartrich
I finally finished this redwork piece that has been on my hoop for ages and ages. I'm very glad to have it done. Those fill stitches just about did me in. I'm not very good at estimating how long a particular embroidery project will take. I thought this would be a quick and simple jobber, because of its bold lines, I suppose. Simple, maybe, but quick, no, not by a long shot. Anyway, it's done now. I'm pretty happy with how it looks and I am getting some positive feedback on flickr, so it guess all those hours were worth it.

My next project is already on the hoop and coming along nicely. I think I'm going to love it. I'll show you all, of course.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think it's so great that you embroider. Your embroidery pieces are some of my favorite things. :)

Sarah said...

beautiful!

Megan said...

I am so inspired! What a beautiful piece of art. You've done it again!

Allison said...

Laura, I just saw Jordan and Lindsey's present on FB. I must say you do UNBELIEVABLE work. What a blessing to be so talented in such a fine art!