Wednesday, March 31, 2010

catch up.



Originally uploaded by Laura Hartrich
We had a great party for S a few weeks ago. He is such a grown up kid these days, independent, opinionated, argumentative sometimes, so tall and bony without an ounce of cushy baby fat on his body. Sometimes we butt heads (like I said, argumentative), but we nearly always end the day in a good cuddle, so I guess we are doing okay. The only downside of the birthday was that I finally pulled out a banner I had made for his first birthday, then took it to the party location and forgot it. They had already thrown it away by the time I called to try and have it saved. So sad. But at least we have pictures. See here and here and here. I guess I'll have to make another one.

We are having gorgeous weather and the boys are outside all the time, which is great. I want to be outside too, and I am sometimes, but I also have a lot of work to do in the house. I'm always feeling torn. Part of me says, "the mess will be there, just go outside and enjoy it while it's nice." But then when I come back inside the mess hits me like a punch in the gut and I feel overwhelmed. I find it's best to try to do some of both, so I'm just working on finding that balance.

I have so many projects going currently, and even more in the back of mind that I want to start (and finish). No time, you know how it goes. I've been feeling a little guilty lately for the weird distribution of handmade goods that I give to others. Some people get something for their wedding, others for the birth of children. I have yet to make any embroideries for members of my family, which makes me feel bad. There is no rhyme or reason to who I make things for.... I have so many ideas and good intentions.... If inspiration hits and I happen to have an opening in my craft schedule, I will do it. This might mean that someone else has a baby/birthday/wedding soon after and gets nothing, because my crafty time is spoken for. It's lame. Maybe I need to make a master list and work off that. I don't know. I hope everyone I love will receive something made by me eventually.

Enough rambling, I'm going outside now. xoxo

1 comment:

Megan said...

My mind is way too full of ideas and things that i want to make. It just never seems there is enough time. Glad to hear someone else has the same issues.