Sunday, December 13, 2009

poodle, revisited.


new art on the wall.
Originally uploaded by Laura Hartrich
You may remember seeing this picture of a thrifted poodle portrait. Well, it finally found its home on our wall. And guess what? I love it. I love this whole arrangement. These pieces represent Nate's taste and mine, and where they meet. I feel like Nate and I have always had very separate realms of creativity, his in music and mine in visual arts/crafts. But lately we've been crossing those boundaries a bit. He stepped into my territory by helping me pick out art for the house. And I'm getting ready to venture into his world and record vocal tracks for a couple songs together. It's big time seventh year of marriage fun. It's making me happy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The other pieces are: Charley Harper bird from a stationary set, original drawing done for us by Grant Reynolds, print by Yuichi Yokoyama, print from etsy seller YumiYumi, poodle, and a page taken from a vintage guide to rocks. A couple of these are placeholders, I'm hoping to replace them with some other prints I have my eye on. I'll let you know if/when that happens. :-)

No comments: