Tuesday, December 15, 2009

admiral ackbar in the house.



Originally uploaded by Laura Hartrich
Admiral Ackbar was in one of our advent boxes this week. Surprisingly, he was a bigger hit than either Han or Chewy. Han and Chewy, meh. But Admiral Ackbar. Now there's an action figure.

Tonight I was in a foul mood. The winter blahs have found me already, falling on me as the temperatures outside fall. Nate was leaving for band practice. I wanted nothing to do with the boys, honestly. I wanted to curl up on the couch and be alone. But I had promised them earlier in the day that we would make reindeer cookies. And of course they reminded me. So we did. And it was awesome. This is definitely what I'm doing from now on. They could do these totally by themselves (just nutter butter cookies + pretzels + chocolate chips + red m&m nose). Actual baking is so stressful. I'm absolutely ready to leave that behind until the boys are older. From now on it's strictly assembling treats with icing. So fun.
Anyway, I'm rambling. But the boys were so ultra sweet tonight, putting together their rudolph faces and complimenting each other on their work. Sometimes the brotherly love is palpable in our house. It makes me believe it must be there all the time, even when they are pounding on each other. Ah, Christmastime. Hope and giving. Good stuff.

No comments: