Saturday, June 20, 2009

gosh.


I can't believe it's been so long since I've written here! Time is flying by. I feel insanely busy this summer so far. I can't put my finger on why exactly, but it just feels like non-stop activity. I'm having trouble keeping up with it all, to be honest. The house and yard get overwhelming and I just have to avert my eyes sometimes. Just dealing with the boys day to day is enough. I don't have energy for much else.
All in all I'd say it's going pretty well. I've had some moments of lost patience, moments I am not proud of (especially involving T). But I start again each day, trying to lighten up, focus on the fun of the day, and be the playful mom instead of the stressed one. And I feel okay about how we're doing. Exhausted, but okay.
Today we celebrated T's third birthday with friends and family. It was warm. A little too warm for my taste. Our guests were extremely gracious in not complaining about the heat. We went first to T's Ice Cream Shop, then to a nearby park. I think everyone had fun, especially the guest of honor.
Tomorrow is his proper birthday. We'll celebrate by having some birthday pancakes, lazing about the house, and then going to a dinnertime cookout. I'm looking forward to it all. Before that, I'm looking forward to putting these dudes to bed and crashing on the couch. Being out in the sun today really took it out of me. I'm ready for vegetation. (Which reminds me, I need to take some pictures of the garden. It's going like gangbusters! Soon...)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Good job, Laura, on all your hard work these past 3 years and 9 months. (And Nate, of course, but you know, you did a little extra work)

And Happy Birthday, Theo!

Jay M. said...

I think I had that exact same helmet/armor/shield combo when I was a little kid. There was a little plastic sword too. My brother and I had a blast with those growing up.

Colin said...

me too, I loved that armor!

Glad to see you back on the webs L-Train, we've misssed you and yours.