Thursday, May 28, 2009

first, last


Today is S's last day of kindergarten. This school year flew by so quickly.

Now I am trying to switch gears to summertime.... With no outside forces controlling the structure of our week, it's all up to me, and that's a lot of pressure. I know I need to strike a balance between planned activities and downtime, time at home and time other places. I have a few goals in mind: arrange at least one playdate a week, maintain as much of my current gym schedule as possible, and spend as much time at the public pool as possible. I want their screen time (tv/computer time) to stay at the same level or even decrease. That will require some focus on my part, and some willingness to actually play with them instead of expecting them to entertain themselves all the time. It's all about balance, and I don't always feel that the balance of life is my strong suit. But I'm going to do my best.

I'm also re-reading this book about siblings. They have really been at each other lately and the increase in time spent together promises to be a challenge. I read this book before when T was a tiny baby. It was good then, but a lot more applicable to my life now. A review is definitely in order.

I'll end this post with two short interviews with S, pre- and post- kindergarten. I love this boy so much. I hope I'm doing right by him.



2 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm glad you said that about needing to decrease the tv/computer time, I'm struggling with that as well.

Tonya said...

PS Thanks for mentioning that book, I put a hold on it at my library. My youngest is only 5 months old but I know it won't belong before he's mobile and then all hell will break loose!