Friday, April 24, 2009

My little brother and his wife are in the hospital today, doing the hard work required to bring a new life into the world. I am thinking about them a lot (especially about her), remembering my very long, induced labor with S, and hoping she has an easier time than I did. Maybe tonight I'll meet my first nephew! Maybe tomorrow...
This has been a productive week. I painted my kitchen! I had been planning to wait until the summer, but I was itching to hang up this new art gallery and decided I may as well paint before I put it up. Then I thought I'd paint the one wall (the one with the new art wire on it), and let the others wait until summer. But since I had all the supplies out and figured I should just go ahead and do the whole thing! The boys watched far too much tv while I accomplished this. Laundry and kitchen also suffered, but now I am done and will start to clean up the aftermath.
I made this area to display some of the boys' artwork. I bought vintage yard sticks from sushipotparts, nailed them to the wall, and strung a wire using hook eyes. I like how it turned out. My only concern is that I spaced the two levels too far apart. My idea was to leave space for some really big projects to hang up there, but in reality most of the drawings will be on standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Oh well. I'll just have to make a special effort to get out some big paper for them to paint on or something.
I love love LOVE my new paint colors, Window Pane and Quietude by Sherwin Williams. Of course they are not quite translating in these pictures. I guess you'll just have to stop by and see what they look like in person.

2 comments:

mandy said...

i like the new colors!

Megan said...

Good work! Again.