Wednesday, December 10, 2008

administrative bulletin

Friends, I took the cookbook to Kinko's today. Yea!

I wanted to say, if you read my words here and would like one of our annual holiday cookbooks, give me a holler. If you've received it in years past, you will receive it again. But if we are newly acquainted (or even not acquainted at all), or recently back in touch via the blog, and you would like one, I would be glad to send it to you. Send me an email with your address. maiasauramade@gmail.com That's the first thing.

Next, if you are on the cookbook list already but have moved in the past year (say, from London back to Chicago), please email me your new address.

Finally, I don't know how many to send to Palmer Hall. Is it egocentric of me to think that everyone living there might want their own copy? Or should I just send one for the Hall and not worry about who eventually gets custody? Let me know.

I'm happy with this year's little book. It is funny/painful to look through the previous five publications. I started off incredibly earnest (lots of recipe intros ending in variations of,"Try it tonight!"), then went through my uber-healthnut phase (sorry for all that preaching about vitamins, etc), then tried to throw in some recipe humor the last few years. This year it's all pretty straight-forward. I'm sure something I wrote in this volume will make me cringe in about three years. For now, it seems nice.

Anyway, people, if you don't know for sure that you'll get a copy, but you want one, just say the word. I'll put you on the list.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I was thinking about doing something similar with recipes this year! Love it!

Bonnie said...

I look forward to your cookbook every year. And I use mine - you will be happy to know. I appreciate all your nutritional content, the copyrite info in the back always serves as my table of contents, and I really liked the year Nate wrote the comments. All this to say, you and your cookbooks make me incredibly happy.

Colin said...

I think the Palmers could all use their own. . . . if it's not too much of a hassle :)

sarah hedman said...

i can't wait!! I use mine - i really do!!!

O Arrow said...

Love it! Thank you, as always.