Monday, October 6, 2008

Thank you for the sweet comments on my last, list-like post. The reason for sharing my day that way was that I have been feeling overwhelmed lately. I have so many chores constantly nagging at my conscience... craft projects I want to do for myself (or my family), projects I am being paid by other people to complete, seasonal activities and revelries, and the parade of housework that never ends. Cataloging my day in that fashion was encouraging. I saw that I really do accomplish a lot in a given day, even if my house is still a mess when I go to bed. But, in fairness to other mamas, it probably was a more productive day than my average. Keeping my blogger account open and adding each bullet point of my day was fun and I think it caused me to actually get more done than normal. I would consider blogging like this more often, but I don't want to alienate my readership.


On Saturday afternoon, my mom agreed to take the boys so that we could clean the garage, a job we've needed to tackle since we moved in April. It only took a few hours and, let me tell you, we imposed a glorious reign of order in that garage. It looks awesome. I just want to stand out there and stare at it all day. It is hugely gratifying to have that job finished, and a huge relief. No more tripping over broom handles and tricycles every time we try to walk inside. Sweet.


We have all been sick lately. S started us off with a cold. He's better and back at school, and now T is suffering the worst. Of course he's sleeping terribly, and we are both exhausted. I'm not ready for the sick season to start this early. Today at Target I stocked up on hand sanitizer and I plan to get militant about keeping our hands clean, after trips to school, stores, and the gym. I hope it helps.


We made these leaf rubbings, which I mentioned earlier. I cut them all out, and then I saw this blog post about painting the leaves with watercolors. The wax from the crayons resists the paint, so the rubbing still shows through. It is beautiful. I'm going to hang them in the windows.

6 comments:

Jay M. said...

Very cool and colorful. They almost look like they're real leaves, rubbed with pastels.

I really liked your last post too, but I don't know what you mean about alienating your readers. I thought it worked well.

Banana Mama said...

Happy birthday (belated) and I love these leaves! Can't wait to talk soon.

Megan said...

The leaves are beautiful. Great colors!

Mama Niccicoco said...

Love those leaf rubbings. that might be a good project for jack's class. I am supposed to do one every month and that is surprisingly hard to think of easy/fun projects.

Maiasaura said...

nicole, i totally believe it would be hard to come up with projects every month! the age and the time constraint make it especially challenging. i had trouble just deciding what to do for the halloween party, i can't imagine finding something every month!

mayaluna said...

Your leaves are fabulous...I love your interpretation soooo much! This is my first time here and I'm looking forward to reading some more, thanks! I can't help but smile at your name, of course. Love, love it! If you are up for it, your leaves would be lovely to include in the new flickr group for maya*made tutorials. You can find the link in my sidebar. Thanks again for giving these a try.