Saturday, October 25, 2008

all is well.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and words. My dad was released from the hospital yesterday. He seems fine. They aren't even sure it was a stroke. He will have an MRI later this week, and that may tell us more. For the time being, we're thankful that he is doing so well. It seems to have been a blip on the radar screen. A worrisome, nail-biting, heartbreaking blip. But then last night my whole family came over for a game night. It was great fun, and especially joyful in light of the events of the last 48 hours.

My family turned the night into a surprise belated-birthday celebration for me and Nate. I got some great gifts. Beautiful hand-made napkins, two cookbooks I've long had my eyes on, and a vermicomposting bin!!! This is seriously one of the coolest gifts I can remember receiving, right up there with the Barbie Ferrari I got for Christmas 1990. My sister pulled it together for us... I'll take pictures sometime. It's basically a big plastic bin with some holes drilled in the lid, filled with food scraps, paper, leaves, and worms that she dug up with my nieces during a very dreary day here yesterday. It's perfect. Even if there were a handful of worm escapees during the night. There are worse things to find on the mudroom floor than a few tiny, dried up worms.

That's all for now. Have a nice weekend.

No comments: