Thursday, October 23, 2008

again.

My dad had another stroke today. I'm writing this before I know much about the situation. He's spending the night in the hospital. He'll have many tests and evaluations in the morning, I'm sure. So far it seems to be pretty minor. He's walking and talking. He seems to be back to normal, or rather the new, post-stroke normal that we've become familiar with over the past two years. I haven't been to see him yet. My sister was by his side all day, along with my mom. I appreciate that she could be there. I remember in January 07 spending long, long hours in the hospital. I'm hoping he won't be there as long this time around. I'm hoping we can get some information and then get him home. I don't quite know what to think yet. We'll have to just wait and see. I'll share more when I know more.

4 comments:

Jogirl said...

:(

Your dad + your family are in my prayers, friend.
Things like this are never easy, that's for sure.

Laura E said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry, Laura. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

sarah hedman said...

WHAT?? I'm so glad i saw this tonight!!! I will call em in the morning. i will be praing everything is ok.

Sarah

Colin said...

hey kiddo, our thoughts are with you guys --- I'm glad to hear that he's walking and talking, thank goodness. Give my love to your family.