Monday, April 21, 2008

what we've been up to

Hello again. Things here are going well, just very busy. I'm trying to strike a balance between working on the house and spending time with the boys because, well, it's spring, and I can't expect them to want to stay inside so I can organize the craft room all day. The house is coming along... it can be overwhelming to try to keep up with daily housework and also tackle all the organizing and unpacking of the move. I can get pretty frustrated. But, overall, I think I'm doing pretty well. Here are some pictures from the last few weeks, then I have to get back to work!

who needs topics or author's names when you can organize your books by the color of their spines?





we have a favorite new park in Morton. it is in a woody area, there are trails to walk and also this old school metal slide. most slides these days are plastic, so the boys really relish the sounds they can make by banging on this metal one.


last week we had a visit from two special friends. things were a little crazy at times with three little boys running around instead of two, but watching them play together was totally worth all the spilled milk and strewn toys.

signs of spring in the forest.



the air mattress is a safe way to allow bouncing on the bed. also a great way to wear out energetic little people.

he's eating a pinecone.

3 comments:

Banana Mama said...

It was a great visit, with no permanent damage done to anyone's eardrums, as far as I can tell. I LOVE that picture of Theo eating a pinecone!

Good luck with the house. It's a great house and it's going to be even more beautiful when you've had your way with it.

P.S. Love the bookshelves. That's definitely the best way to go.

Jay M. said...

I second organizing by color. I'm going to have to try that.

These are some great, expressive shots you captured; it looks like everyone had a really good time.

Now I really want to come visit and play in the forest.

Colin said...

looks amazing! I'm glad the boys have some space to roam around, very cool.