Wednesday, April 30, 2008

happy day!

As I unpacked, I started saving boxes for my sister. But then she took what she wanted and my mudroom still looked like this. Yikes. I didn't really want to break down all these boxes for recycling, and I knew there must be someone else in the area who needed boxes for moving. I tried to put them on freecycle, which no success. Craigslist did the trick, though, and now our mudroom looks like this. Yea! No more box mountain.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This kid is talking more and more. He has lots of basic words like mama, dada, hot, hand, shoe, NO (that seems to be his favorite), and others. But it's still so cool every time he says something new. Today I was changing his diaper before naptime, so he was laying on his back. He kept reaching for his bare feet and saying, "hock." It took me a while, longer than I'd like to admit, but finally I realized he was saying, "sock." I said, "Do you want to put on some socks?" Oh, man, he flashed an enormous smile, clearly pleased with his new skill. It's really fun to catch those moments in development.

That's all I have for today.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Go Theo. Ride that word train!