Wednesday, April 9, 2008

amazingly, it's even better in person.

Hi, everybody. We got our internet hooked up yesterday, which is lovely. It's proving to be a huge distraction from all the unpacking and organizing I should be doing, though. So I'm going to try to keep this really short. If you can believe it, I haven't taken one picture in the new house yet! Haven't even pulled the camera out of its case. I stole these pictures from the online ad for the house. They were taken by the seller.

Here's our house! Isn't she a beaut? Supposedly these flowers are perennials and will all return this spring. That will be nice.
Here is the kitchen, the room that sold us on the house. It's very spacious and bright.
It is also equipped with some very nice amenities. Like all the pretty appliances, beautiful cherry cabinets, and a special drawer to hold my spices. Sweet.
Here is the front room. We are going to use this as a reading/play area. There will be music in here, but no tv. I love this room already. It's very bright as well. The whole house gets great natural light (except the basement, of course).
Here's another outside shot.
Here is the finished portion of our basement. It also has an unfinished storage room and laundry room. Maybe this winter we'll try our hand at the wood burning stove. We have no idea what we're doing.
Backyard! The yard is enormous. We have a large space in the back and also a generous strip on one side. Plenty big for a swingset and a garden. Oh, and we have a proper horseshoe pit in the back, too, which is funny.

I'm still suffering from a bit of shock each morning when I wake up. This house is so great, so perfect for us, I'm still in a state of disbelief that it is ours.

Of course there is a ton of work to do yet, in the way of finding a place for everything. But the move has gone very well. We haven't been here a week yet, and I feel like it's already very livable. Having the garage to store boxes is a lifesaver. ALSO! The neighbors have been extremely friendly and warm. S has already made friends with a nice boy his age.

I could go on and on about how happy I am to be here, how peachy the move has been... but I'll stop here. We really want to have people here sometime... like a huge sleepover with out of towners and nearby friends too. If you have a minute, let me know what time of year would work best for you. Summer? Winter holidays? Some other time? Let's see if we can come to a consensus.

4 comments:

Banana Mama said...

I love it. We'll be there soon!

Angela said...

!
If I'm not around in July, I'll definitely be there in Nov and Dec. Slumber party me.

Megan said...

I love that kitchen! I'm v jealous of you right now.

Jay M. said...

You were right, it's pretty perfect. I love love love the tree in the back yard.