Tuesday, February 5, 2008

snow day

On Friday, like many of you, we had a snow day. Nate had to do some work from home, but it didn't take long, so we had lots of extra time together.
I started painting the third of three chairs that are due in March. I'm trying something new... A set of off-centered squares, in three different shades of green. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. Above you see the painter's tape on the chair, which I use to make nice straight lines.
Nate was brave enough to take S out to play in the snow (we had about 8 inches here). T and I stayed in. I love the profile above. What is it about my children's profiles that I love so much? Is it the big head on tiny neck combo? I don't know, but I can't get enough. Anyway, T was a little morose about the other boys going outside, and stared longingly out the window for a while.
Eventually, they came onto the porch and started throwing snowballs at the big window in our front room. T thought it was hilarious. I think it made up for having to stay inside.

1 comment:

Colin said...

I'm loving Nate's hat.