Wednesday, February 27, 2008

#3

HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF.
I'm done with the chairs, two days before we fly to Spain. The lighting in these pictures isn't the best, but I think you'll get the idea.
Julian's chair was supposed to be green with some blue. I added some orange for contrast.
Besides the colors, I had complete freedom in the design of this chair. I guess you can't tell from the pictures, but the dark blue central figure is holding up peace signs.
I struggled with what text to use... so many great people have written or spoken about peace. I had a wealth of quotes to choose from. In the end I settled on two:
"Peace is always beautiful" - Walt Whitman
and
"Peace is every step" - Thich Nhat Hahn.

So, the chairs are done! Deadline met. Phew. I really hope Jeremy, Justin, and Julian like their special seats.



A few links for you:
LOLbama. Non-stop hilarity for Obamaniacs.
The Sartorialist. Inspiration for the fashion challenged (me).
Indexed. Funny comic. On index cards.
Goodnight!

No comments: