Monday, December 10, 2007

bazaar report

This weekend was really fun. It sure was a lot of work to get ready, though.
Here are all seven chairs, ready to go.
Here is my table at the bazaar, right after I got set up. The crooked table cloth was eventually straightened. I know you were worried about that.
Bowl o' garland.
Here I am, trying to look pleasantly approachable.
The big news of the day was that all my chairs sold very quickly. That was exciting. I even have a handful of orders for next year!I was mildly disappointed that only a few other items sold. But even for the things that I ended up bringing back home, I got a lot of positive feedback. Many of the items are back up on etsy now, so check there if you're interested.
The bazaar was fun, and I definitely earned enough to get my next tattoo. More on that later. The highlight of the weekend, however, was definitely seeing our friends. To everyone who fed us, housed us, laughed and talked with us, came out and supported me at the craft bazaar, THANK YOU. I hope we can see you all again soon. Oh, and a big thanks to all Grandparents who made this weekend getaway possible for us.

Now we are back home, warm and tired. We had a very happy reunion with the boys and a dinner of buckwheat pancakes.

I am giving myself tonight to relax, then it's back to work. I have a commissioned collage to finish before Christmas, and also mountains of laundry from this weekend. All that work will begin tomorrow. For now I'm still basking in the afterglow of good conversations and hugs from those we love and miss.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

So proud and happy for you! Way to go, slugger. :)

Angela said...

So glad you had a great weekend. Can't wait to laugh and talk with you guys soon....

Maiasaura said...

Thanks, guys!