Saturday, November 24, 2007

well, that didn't take long.

This morning Nate let me sleep it, which was lovely, until I woke to his urgent calls. I knew something had happened...

"T pulled down the tree. Onto himself."

Ugh.

The culprit was scared, but not hurt. And, amazingly, only one ornament shattered (one of my faves, though --- dang).

After the mess was cleaned up, we sat upstairs, trying to decide what to do next.

"How did we handle this with the first one?" Nate asked.

"Well, I don't think the thought ever entered his mind. He never came close to trying anything like that."


It is true. The one we are dealing with now has different ideas about which risks are worth taking. This is forcing us to come up with some ideas of our own. Like bungee-tying the tree to the window-pull. I hope it prevents another incident... seems like we were lucky this time. Don't want to test those odds again.

2 comments:

Housefairy said...

Arggg!!!!

We have never had a Christmas without a baby-- it is hard! We have had all sorts of combinations, from putting the tree in the dining room behind a baby gate, to putting stuff sort of around the tree, and i dont know how it will be this year, with Charlie 2, he MIGHT be cool and he might not. I just wanted to tell ya that I understand!

Maiasaura said...

Thanks, Joy! Those are some good ideas. I hope Charlie can be chill with all the decor this year.