Thursday, November 22, 2007

over the river and through the woods...

...to grandmother's house we go!Here is Nate, drawing with his eyes closed as we played Cranium.
Here is what he drew: Mountain Climber. Pretty good, huh? I guessed correctly.
Later it was my turn to draw. I got to leave my eyes open. The clue was doggy bag. Can you believe he didn't get it? His closest guess was "dog bag of money," a phrase that still makes me laugh.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, full of delicious food, luxurious naps, belly laughs, and all good things. Both boys were asleep by the time we got home, and I made Nate help me put up the Christmas tree. This way, the boys can help us put up ornaments tomorrow, without waiting for us to do the grown-ups-only work. You know there will be pictures of those festivities tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Jay M. said...

I'm trying to figure out where a house with windows and a door fits into the clue of "doggie bag."

Maiasaura said...

i was trying to communicate that once you're full of food at the restaurant, you take your doggie bag HOME. that was the idea. maybe not so obvious to apartment-dwellers. probably not obvious to anyone, though. looking at my drawing now, i'm surprised he could even guess that the creature was a dog.