Monday, November 12, 2007

I like to hold them in my hands.

Nate holds the belief that photo albums are a thing of the past, redundant. Why put our pictures in books when we can look at our pictures on the computer at any time, he insists.

But I love to pull an album off the shelf and feel its weight on my lap. I love to flip through the pages slowly and study the thousands of different expressions on my boys' faces. For me, the computer is not an adequate replacement for photo albums.

I'm way behind on updating said albums, and I also need pictures to use for the annual cookbook. So tonight I'm updating a bazillion photos to Snapfish, and hoping the computer doesn't crash.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Jay M. said...

I tend to agree with you here, Laura. It's nice to have them all in one place on the computer, but it's a great feeling to actually flip through photos, page by page.

Or if it's just a shoebox full of them, holding a stack of photos, moving them from the front to the back and passing them around for others to look at.

And I'm less worried about a flood or a fire than about my computer crashing.

Maiasaura said...

i think you have a good point, jay, about the flood/fire versus computer crash. That might be a convincing argument for Nate, actually. He's all about weighing risk against reward.