Thursday, July 12, 2007

Learning to Love You More

I'm in love with this participatory website, Learning to Love You More. The site is comprised of a number of assignments given by artists Miranda July and Harrell Fletcher. People send in their completed assignments and visitors to the site are free to view their responses. A lot of content here... it's easy to lose track of time looking around.



My favorite section so far has got to be assignment #63, Make an Encouraging Banner. I've looked through them all twice now. Some of the phrases are really interesting. Maybe this is the final word on whether I'm a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty kind of gal, but when I tried to think of text for an encouraging banner, I drew a blank. These people were at no loss for ideas. A lot of them are simple, but meaningful.
It's also striking to see that nearly everyone chose to make their banner with bright colors. I guess color can be encouraging too.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

LB, When we were in high school you wrote me a little note on a little piece of paper. All that it said was: Bonnalee - You are beautiful. I love you.
The power of those two little sentences were amazing for me. I still have that note glued in a scrapbook of some of my favorite things.
To this day I feel like they are two of the most important sentences we can share with another and that every person deserves to be told them.

Bonnie said...

So you are good at encouragement!