Monday, June 11, 2007

Random Word Magnets, and an After-Dinner Walk


I've been making more magnets, similar to the alphabet magnets in the shop, but also very different. This time they don't have a strict theme (ie ABC's). They are a lot looser, and, frankly, a lot more fun to make.

First, I cut out the circles that will eventually slip into the baby food lids. I also cut out lots of random words from magazines.
The magnets come six to a set, and they feature totally unrelated words.
I like the idea that the collages are tied together with images and color, but that the words have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Kind of quirky, I think. Here are the first two sets. I have another finished, but haven't photographed it yet.


And, just for kicks, here are a few pictures of our walk after dinner tonight.

It was a lovely way to wind down before the boys' bedtime. Goodnight, all.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

I'm completely loving the concept of "Maiasaura" and the entire family having dinosaur names assigned by Simon.

Welcome to the world of blogging, Laura. I'm looking forward to seeing your creativity and gleaning wisdom from your inspired thoughts.

Bonnie said...

I just checked out your online store and you sold something! Wow. Way to go, you crafting business woman, you!